Gerardo Marti is a sociologist teaching at Davdison College in Davidson, NC.
He is the author of A Mosaic of Believers: Diversity and Innovation in a Multiethnic Church as well as the soon to be released Hollywood Faith: Holiness, Prosperity, and Ambition in a Los Angeles Church.
He’s offered these ideas for his conversations at HUMANA 2.08/ Orlando, Fl/ Feb 6-7
* Why we need a mission, not a bible study
* Multiplying rather than hoarding catalytic leadership
* Are we engaging culture, or just engaging blockbuster movies and primetime television?
* Do we use Hollywood or is Hollywood using us?
* Why most churched and unchurched people hate evangelicals
* Holiness, prosperity, and religion in the age of “brand you”
* What makes Mosaic Work?
* What is a church?